I used to hate breakfast. Hate it.
Sometimes, I’d just eat ice cream for breakfast. Or a cookie. Shocker.
Other times I’d eat the worst breakfast of all … nothing.
Even if I wake up late, breakfast always comes first. I don’t care if it’s noon. It’s happening.
Breakfast sets the tone for the whole day. It gets your metabolism up and running and also helps prevent cravings later in the day. In my opinion, the bigger the breakfast the better.
French toast has always seemed a weekend breakfast to me but it doesn’t have to be! If you have eight minutes in the morning, you can have an indulgent breakfast.
Or seemingly indulgent, I should say.
Here is my latest concoction that I’m loving. I wouldn’t make this for breakfast every day but it feels like a nice treat without totally overdoing it.
It’s actually pretty healthy and has a great combination of proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
- Two slices of Ezekiel sprouted wheat bread, cut into triangles
- Two eggs, beaten in a bowl with a dash of cinnamon and just a drop or three of vanilla.
- Dip the bread in the egg to coat it and put it in a skillet on medium heat. (I don’t use butter or anything to grease the pan to cut out additional fat but you can use a little if you want something more sinful. Just do me a favor and use real butter if you’re going to do it, not margarine.)
- Remove from skillet once both sides have browned.
- Top with fruit and drizzle with 1 tsp Organic Raw Agave nectar (I left butter off here too)
Total Calories: 415
Fat: 8.6g (saturated fat, 4 g)
Sugar: 5 g (from the Agave)