This cookie recipe is seriously so wickedly good that part of me wishes I never found it.
They are such a major indulgence that they must be made only for very special occasions like baby showers, Christmas parties, birthday parties or …. Fridays.
Yet again Pinterest introduces me to a to-die-for recipe that in no way can be converted into a “healthy version” but that’s OK we all should be able to enjoy a cookie now and then. Or seven.
I realize I shouldn’t be complaining. I should instead be rejoicing at the amazing-ness that is this recipe but in these cooler months where stuffing my face sounds so much more fun that going on a run, I cringe at my ability to down three of these so easily in one sitting.
Don’t follow my example.
Enjoy in moderation.
But definitely ENJOY.
This recipe comes to us from Tablespoon.com.
- 2 sticks or 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 oz bag chocolate chips
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars together with a mixer until well combined.Beat in eggs and vanilla
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo cookie,take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo cookie. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo cookie is enclosed with dough.
- Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet,I’ll admit these cookies will expand pretty big so try not to put them too close together, and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.